drumnbass.be forum
Register Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJ Gear » distorted decks » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Receive email on new post
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page distorted decks
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jemone jemone is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2132.jpg

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

distorted decks Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hi
i seem to have a problem with one of me 1210s, i seem to get quite bad crackling like distortion on some tracks, and the needle seems to skate accross white labels unless i put loads of weight on the front of the arm, the distortion seems to get worse as i move the weight backwards, ive tried different stylus 2 of which are new, only stanton 500al copies granted, but theyve only been used a couple of times.
i also seem to have a big difference in sound level between the two decks, and one seems to engulf the other during mix, so i try to compencate for this by using eq.
any ideas would be cool
thanks
18-02-2006 18:51 Send an Email to jemone Search for Posts by jemone Add jemone to your Buddy List
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

get other needles? Confused

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
18-02-2006 18:58 Send an Email to Friscko Homepage of Friscko Search for Posts by Friscko Add Friscko to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator Go to the top of this page

06-06-2006 06:66 Search for Posts by Google Add Google to your Buddy List Send a Private Message to Google
jemone jemone is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

might have to, but like i said the sylus have only been used about 5 times, and my other decks fine with the same needle, i wonder wether the arm is set up correctly.
18-02-2006 19:07 Send an Email to jemone Search for Posts by jemone Add jemone to your Buddy List
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

stanton 500's are not exactly the best needles in the world, i have had problems with em too Wink

could be your mixer too maybe? spray some contactspray in the faders Confused

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
18-02-2006 19:33 Send an Email to Friscko Homepage of Friscko Search for Posts by Friscko Add Friscko to your Buddy List
jemone jemone is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

yeah i agree theyre pretty pants, i had a pair of shures £80.00 a peice and sold them for feck all like a knob, never mind ill have to get saving
cheers kid. Wink
18-02-2006 19:50 Send an Email to jemone Search for Posts by jemone Add jemone to your Buddy List
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Check whether your grounding is secure and that it exists Big Grin I met similar problems with people that had their ground damaged.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
18-02-2006 20:17 Send an Email to Muad'Dib Homepage of Muad'Dib Search for Posts by Muad'Dib Add Muad'Dib to your Buddy List
jemone jemone is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

Big Grin will do dude
18-02-2006 20:25 Send an Email to jemone Search for Posts by jemone Add jemone to your Buddy List
psymon psymon is a male
Tourist

Registration Date: 20-10-2006

Rate Member

Make sure the headshell is not too tightly screwed on to the tone arm as this can cause distortion, if this is the case u may have to buy a new headshell!

Probably just repeated what Muad'Dib said but ah well!
21-10-2006 19:37 Send an Email to psymon Search for Posts by psymon Add psymon to your Buddy List
Ghost
unregistered

sounds like fucked needles to me but it could be any of the other things people have mentioned.

the shures are tasty needles, they have a lovely sound but they are quire fragile though.
26-10-2006 10:33
@1$-)
unregistered

dodgy cables? dodgy input on your mixer? u tried running the other deck on the same mixer channel as the the other? it seems odd that moving the the weight around is affecting the level of the distortion. i would normally say get new needles but youve already tried that. have you tried swapping the headshells over ? other than that maudib may have got it

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by utter muppet: 26-10-2006 12:44.

26-10-2006 12:44
FICKIFF
Tourist

Registration Date: 16-01-2007

Rate Member

I had the same problem, with SL1210's too. I think it was the ground but I dunno for shure, the red cable looked fucked to me but I guess it wasn't that since I don't have that problem any more. I have Concorde Pro needles, so I don't think the needles are the prob...but it could be a totally different problem..just get an entirly new tt lol Big Grin Wink

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by FICKIFF: 18-01-2007 22:20.

18-01-2007 22:11 Send an Email to FICKIFF Search for Posts by FICKIFF Add FICKIFF to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator Go to the top of this page

06-06-2006 06:66 Search for Posts by Google Add Google to your Buddy List Send a Private Message to Google
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJ Gear » distorted decks

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH