drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Cubase » battery with cubase
Go to the bottom of this page battery with cubase
Author
Tourist

Registration Date: 17-11-2003

If anyone out there uses battery with cubase sx,could you explain to me why I can't assign different battery kits to different cubase midi tracks.I set it up in battery so that there are different kits assinged to different programs and i set up the cubase midi tracks to recieve them correspondingly ,but they only play the kit thats currently selected in battery .This is easy to do with halion but I can't get it to work with battery.The other problem is that I can't control the volume or pan of my battery kit from the cubase midi track.Again this works for halion, but with battery I can only control pan and volume from the program it self.
28-08-2004 21:46
-J- -J- is a male
Big Bad Battyman

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.25

can't control the panning volume from the midi tracks either, i think that's a battery problem ... just use the instruments ' automations to control that ...

don't know about the different programs, didn't even know it u could do that with battery, gonna try it later on, i'll post it if i get it to work, but up till now when i need a second kit i just assign a second battery module in the vst list ...

__
It's a spiritual thing !

29-08-2004 13:52
S.DRAY S.DRAY is a male
Tourist

''can't control the panning volume from the midi tracks either, i think that's a battery problem ... just use the instruments ' automations to control that ...''
I figuerd that part out,after you assign battery as a vst, you open up your vst folder and you will see "bty1",click that and thats how you control volume and pan(along with effects and eq) without opening battery.The thing is,there should be more of those chanels,for example in halion there are 18 of them and thats how you get more programs running at the same time.As for battery there is only one.
As for assigning a second battery module as a vst,I've tried that too but when I do it, nothing sounds right ,everything is completly messed up.
29-08-2004 21:45
-J- -J- is a male
Big Bad Battyman

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.25

u usin crackled software ? Big Grin

__
It's a spiritual thing !

05-09-2004 12:03
S.DRAY S.DRAY is a male
Tourist

No,why would you think that?
11-09-2004 06:36
Dave_Akuma Dave_Akuma is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1737.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.29

i do know that alot of the native instruments products are very, very cpu-intensive...i can rarely run reaktor, for instance, within cubase without it maxing out the cpu and shutting down...i'd suggest running battery as a stand-alone, but that would make it alot more difficult on you...

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dave_Akuma: 11-09-2004 08:06.

11-09-2004 08:05
micromini

Registration Date: 08-07-2008

Are we speaking of programs as if they were labeled on a mixer here -tracks -and kits as sets of pads? Must be because Battery can only have one kit open at a time.

Anyway, what I'm interpreting is that you're assigning pads in Battery to its multiple output channels (3/4 St, 5/6 St, 17m...), and they're just disappearing on you. Yeah, I had this problem once too.

What you want to do is load your instance of Battery by hitting f11 instead of as an instrument track. It'll ask you if you want to create a midi track for it, and yes, you do.

Then, the leftmost button in the Battery slot in the VST instrument window (f11) is a dropdown menu, in which you may activate Battery's multiple outputs. This makes life a lot better, as you'll have a bunch more tracks to send your drums through, with their own inserts and sends (sidechains anyone?).

I hope this is helpful to anyone who is stumped about this as I once was.
08-07-2008 00:48
scoopdna scoopdna is a male
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 07-07-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I am bit confused in what you are getting on about are you saying you want to separate each channel on the battery so you can individualy set them to separate midi tracks to either assign them to filters compress cut eq etc etc? what version of battery are you using 2 or 3 if you wanted to do that its quite simple just click the channel numbers on battery then go to the midi mixer f3 short cut the n you have to add a new group channel and set it at top of the mixer walla done all your channels will be separate now have you thought of doing beats in audio use battery for hats and stuff hope that helps if I'm on about right thing

__

Promos Out Now www.nuurbanmusic.co.uk
10-07-2008 14:47 Homepage of scoopdna
the moneyshot the moneyshot is a male
str8 outa nocash

images/avatars/avatar-2685.jpg

Registration Date: 31-12-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

cant u just go f11 open battery twice and use 2 seperate midi channels battery 1 and battery 2. this works with massive so may work with battery?
29-09-2008 15:45
Invent Invent is a male
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 03-09-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

in battery you can choose the audio outputs you want to direct the sound too. Try using that and then automating the audio output of these channels in cubase.

This would most likely to get the best result.

I dont see why you would want to do this in the midi as for the fact that the audio channel contains the sound itself and the midi channel is just a direction for the vst to follow.
01-10-2008 13:20 Homepage of Invent
DJ ANARKY
unregistered
had this exact same problem-really doin my head in-couldn't find a way round it so eventually just gave in and opened a seperate instanc of battery,each with its own midi channel for each seperate sound/instrument/layer.but this will be a problem if ur computer is as old n shit as mine as after 3/4 batterys the cpu overloads n starts fukin up Evil neways good luk wiv it
15-10-2008 00:50
motive89 motive89 is a male

Registration Date: 08-12-2008

in battery 2. highlight the cell or rows of cells. assign to relavent midi track in "cell" then assign to the relavent mixer channel (underneath master vol)
09-12-2008 19:17
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Cubase » battery with cubase