drumnbass.be forum
Register Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Dred bass » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Receive email on new post
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Dred bass
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Roel H
Tourist

Registration Date: 07-07-2009

Rate Member

Dred bass Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey!

does anyone know how to make the dred bass sound?
cuz ive heard it's an reversed 808 tom with some distortion, but i have than a muddy and crunchy bass sound.

or can you recreate it with nt massive?

i am a fruity loops user Tongue
01-05-2010 17:26 Send an Email to Roel H Search for Posts by Roel H Add Roel H to your Buddy List
johnwayne
Tourist

Registration Date: 15-06-2009

Rate Member

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

shouldn't be too hard.
Just use the 3xOsc, first one a sine wave pitched down three octaves as a Sub, then layer two squares or saws (try out) detuned a bit and pitched down one or two octaves above.
I don't think any distortion is needed. Only a bit tube saturation and good compression.
The wooaaaab sounds like a simple lowpass filter thats opening.
01-05-2010 18:08 Send an Email to johnwayne Search for Posts by johnwayne Add johnwayne to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator Go to the top of this page

06-06-2006 06:66 Search for Posts by Google Add Google to your Buddy List Send a Private Message to Google
Roel H
Tourist

Rate Member

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i don't get it Frown

i don't understand the layering part.

i just opened two square waves in 3 osc, the same 3 osc as the sine wave
01-05-2010 18:18 Send an Email to Roel H Search for Posts by Roel H Add Roel H to your Buddy List
johnwayne
Tourist

Registration Date: 15-06-2009

Rate Member

with layering i mean turning the volume one OSC 2 und 3 up

btw. just tryed it out.
OSC 1: sine wave - crs all down (24 semitones)
OSC 2: triangle - crs all down, fine -20, full volume
OSC 3: triangle - crs all down, fine +20, full volume

in the mixerchannel a lowpass filter, play a bit with the resonance
the rest is EQing and compressing. try fast attack and ratio 3:1 (around that)
01-05-2010 21:54 Send an Email to johnwayne Search for Posts by johnwayne Add johnwayne to your Buddy List
selig
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-07-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

Take a square wave and make a LP filter cut off envelope with a quick attack and slow decay, sample the sound and reverse it. You might need to tweak the envelope a bit to get it right.

Alternatively, just sample the record like everyone else did back then.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by selig: 01-05-2010 22:40.

01-05-2010 22:39 Send an Email to selig Search for Posts by selig Add selig to your Buddy List
Glodaragz Glodaragz is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3266.jpg

Registration Date: 26-06-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

I have follow this instruction and it sound like pretty sub bass with LFO.That supposed to sound?
27-05-2010 09:03 Send an Email to Glodaragz Homepage of Glodaragz Search for Posts by Glodaragz Add Glodaragz to your Buddy List
Roel H
Tourist

Rate Member

can anyone post a example or something of the bass sound they get, because it sounds like something close to a fart
05-06-2010 17:28 Send an Email to Roel H Search for Posts by Roel H Add Roel H to your Buddy List
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

THIS

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
05-06-2010 17:48 Send an Email to BattleDrone Homepage of BattleDrone Search for Posts by BattleDrone Add BattleDrone to your Buddy List
Evan

Registration Date: 06-09-2010

Rate Member

Roland Gaia sh-01 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi there,

I just bought a Roland Gaia sh-01 and im wondering does any1 know how to get the dred bass sounds or the organ sounds that you hear in Speed Garage/Bassline tracks...???
06-09-2010 17:42 Send an Email to Evan Search for Posts by Evan Add Evan to your Buddy List
m-ej m-ej is a male
Master Producer

Registration Date: 08-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
THIS

Lol Lol Lol

__
m-ej is taking a few steps back from forum life.
06-09-2010 20:19 Send an Email to m-ej Search for Posts by m-ej Add m-ej to your Buddy List
2clix 2clix is a male
Doctor Obvious

images/avatars/avatar-3239.jpg

Registration Date: 17-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by Close Proximity
quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
THIS

Lol Lol Lol

DUDE HOW DID YOU DO THAT BD!!!!! THAT SHIT WAS CLASSIC! i might be settin myself up for a reponse, i sure hope so cause that is class sir pure class Drummer

__
Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
06-09-2010 21:19 Send an Email to 2clix Search for Posts by 2clix Add 2clix to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator Go to the top of this page

06-06-2006 06:66 Search for Posts by Google Add Google to your Buddy List Send a Private Message to Google
2clix 2clix is a male
Doctor Obvious

images/avatars/avatar-3239.jpg

Registration Date: 17-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I GOT IT
hahaha

__
Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
06-09-2010 21:20 Send an Email to 2clix Search for Posts by 2clix Add 2clix to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Dred bass

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH