drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » tune overratings
Go to the bottom of this page tune overratings
Author
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

ya man the code for calculating the %ages have been changed several times to try tackle the whole "realistic vote" issue, Chron himself admitted its human nature to try alter the overall score by over-compensating the average, there so much we can do on that end of the day as humans will be humans lol!

i'd say if we all voted as much as we could to ensure realistic scores are showing (too many times have i seen really good tune underrated and ok tunes overrated) then it would overcome any of these probs

so get voting peeps! Drummer

__

30-03-2009 22:16 Homepage of Ketz
alternate force alternate force is a male
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 23-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

yeah well , it looks like uve started a trend on low voting as now , as there r no high scores anymore , and it seems tunes r being underated Frown , and my tunes at 79% , which dont sound right as the reviews have not hinted that there is nothing major to complain about , dont make sence !!!

__
http://www.myspace.com/dubkinetik

11-04-2009 13:23
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

@alternate force: 87%, not bad at all... 90% well within range.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
11-04-2009 20:43 Homepage of BattleDrone
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
@alternate force: 87%, not bad at all... 90% well within range.

well it was @ 79% before that vote took it up to 87% Frown !!!!!!

__

11-04-2009 20:55
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

When there are only a few votes the rating can be off a bit, but as you can see this rectifies itself when more votes are coming in. The rating settles itself when more votes are cast, so you have to be a bit patient Big Grin

With the first couple of votes (especially the first 4) the rating can wobble a lot, which is why it is not shown until a number of votes are in. Maybe it is shown too early still, but if I change this it will take longer before the stars appear in the music page.

We basically need more voters Tongue

By the way everybody can look at their own votes in detail if you go to http://www.drumnbass.be/profile.html?producer= and fill in your producer name at the end.

I'll put a link in the 'options' box at the right hand side of the main site.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
11-04-2009 21:27 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

I've added a 'your track ratings in detail' link to the options box. Mind that this page is still very rough, brace yourself if you are easily scared by lots of numbers Big Grin

I'll also increase the threshold for showing the stars by a notch. It will mean that it takes longer for the tunes to receive a rating, but this rating will be more precise.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
11-04-2009 21:45 Homepage of thechronic
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
I've added a 'your track ratings in detail' link to the options box. Mind that this page is still very rough, brace yourself if you are easily scared by lots of numbers Big Grin

I'll also increase the threshold for showing the stars by a notch. It will mean that it takes longer for the tunes to receive a rating, but this rating will be more precise.

doesent it take long enough to get a the main vote as it is ?? im sometimes seeing people who dont get many votes waiting a long time even not getting there overall vote !! the reason why im a bit touchy about it is ..... if no ones telling me propperly what needs to be fixed and peeps r saying it sounds great and that only 1 or 2 things need changing , why r my votes so low , to me maybe not all folks it feels quite embarassing Frown !!!! i cant understand why theres not a better way of doing this , someone must have an alternative !!!!!!

__

11-04-2009 22:01
Sephiroth Sephiroth is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3285.jpg

Registration Date: 11-04-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

i think its better this way....when loads of tracks score highly it lowers the gap between worse tunes and better tunes....making it more 'difficult' for a track to score 90+ means that when you do notice a 90+ track you know its pretty special, gives everyone something to aim for too, meaning you really have to work hard and polish your track to get top marks.....im not slaggin off anyones tunes but i reckon a larger gap between the weaker tracks and stronger tracks will benefit everyone....and if your track hasn't receieved enough votes then your not reviewing ernough (will increase the number of reviews about too....)

just my two cents Tongue

__
Sephiroth Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/sephiroth_rees

Sephiroth Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sephirothdnb

C-Sonix Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/c-sonix

C-Sonix Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/csonix
11-04-2009 22:18 Homepage of Sephiroth
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by alternate force
doesent it take long enough to get a the main vote as it is ?? im sometimes seeing people who dont get many votes waiting a long time even not getting there overall vote !! the reason why im a bit touchy about it is ..... if no ones telling me propperly what needs to be fixed and peeps r saying it sounds great and that only 1 or 2 things need changing , why r my votes so low , to me maybe not all folks it feels quite embarassing Frown !!!! i cant understand why theres not a better way of doing this , someone must have an alternative !!!!!!

Unfortunately it's not possible to get your votes both fast and accurate. The choice is between 'fast but inaccurate' or 'slow and accurate'. There is no alternative or better way. If you really want to know why, wikipedia gives a good explanation: Margin of error.

By the way a score of 87% is not bad at all, and looking at your detailed ratings you get a 4/5 for almost everything except the technical aspects.

__
11-04-2009 22:23 Homepage of thechronic
demure demure is a male
mastication fo de nation

images/avatars/avatar-2837.jpeg

Registration Date: 22-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by Sephiroth
i think its better this way....when loads of tracks score highly it lowers the gap between worse tunes and better tunes....making it more 'difficult' for a track to score 90+ means that when you do notice a 90+ track you know its pretty special, gives everyone something to aim for too, meaning you really have to work hard and polish your track to get top marks.....im not slaggin off anyones tunes but i reckon a larger gap between the weaker tracks and stronger tracks will benefit everyone....and if your track hasn't receieved enough votes then your not reviewing ernough (will increase the number of reviews about too....)

just my two cents Tongue

i would like to say though in opposition of your oppinion i must have reviewed and voted for nearly 30 tracks in on week and when i uploaded mt track got about 4 votes and 7 reviews. i know this might seem picky but tbh a lot of people seem to take take take, i really dont mind reviewing and rating tracks infact i enjoy it but unfortunatley im only now bothereing with the people who review mine.
11-04-2009 22:42
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Sephiroth
everyone....and if your track hasn't receieved enough votes then your not reviewing ernough (will increase the number of reviews about too....)

thats not really the case when u see the good top tunes having 10 votes onwards and reviews , and the not so good ones only getting 3-5 votes n reviews , its just all about what tunes r good and what r bad "at the mo", not cus u havent vote enough !!

__

11-04-2009 22:47
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:

cheers chron, just looked and I seem to be having a base of haters hehe, theres a couple of votes that are very low on all marks, on all my tunes, even on ones you cant possibly cast such a low vote on

but thats just funny lol

I take this opportunity to thank my loyal haters, thanks guys for blowing up my ego trip, which btw goes to show that you cant go weaker than out of jealousy downrate someones tunes in order to feel good about yourselves

Bigup

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by cynik: 12-04-2009 11:51.

12-04-2009 11:40 Homepage of cynik
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
When there are only a few votes the rating can be off a bit, but as you can see this rectifies itself when more votes are coming in. The rating settles itself when more votes are cast, so you have to be a bit patient Big Grin

With the first couple of votes (especially the first 4) the rating can wobble a lot, which is why it is not shown until a number of votes are in. Maybe it is shown too early still, but if I change this it will take longer before the stars appear in the music page.

Add dummy votes with the average rating of the average track if there are less than 5 (or so) votes?

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

12-04-2009 12:48 Homepage of Surya
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
quote:

cheers chron, just looked and I seem to be having a base of haters hehe, theres a couple of votes that are very low on all marks, on all my tunes, even on ones you cant possibly cast such a low vote on

but thats just funny lol

I take this opportunity to thank my loyal haters, thanks guys for blowing up my ego trip, which btw goes to show that you cant go weaker than out of jealousy downrate someones tunes in order to feel good about yourselves

Bigup

Hehe but you also have some fans that give you max score lol

__
12-04-2009 13:22 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
Add dummy votes with the average rating of the average track if there are less than 5 (or so) votes?

That won't change anything Big Grin adding more of the average rating will keep the score exactly the same.

__
12-04-2009 13:31 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

I mean the average rating of all tracks on the site. That will pull the outcome of the votes more towards a "normal" result with a low amount of votes.

Let's say the average rating of all tracks on the site is 6.5. Then add 6.5 dummy votes to all tracks with less than 5 votes.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

12-04-2009 14:27 Homepage of Surya
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Surya

That won't change anything Big Grin adding more of the average rating will keep the score exactly the same.

It will make the infleunce of a new vote less extreme causing the overall score to move more smoothly. You could remove dummies as new votes are being added.

__
13-04-2009 00:38 Homepage of BattleDrone
brucifer brucifer is a male
Making all the tunes your mum loves

images/avatars/avatar-2912.gif

Registration Date: 23-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.85

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
quote:

but thats just funny lol

Bigup

I think I have the same fan basis as you! At least we have a loyal following, always get the bad scores from the ones who don't leave a comment. Yes I'm watching YOU Big Grin Maybe we should send out a new letter and a badge to our fans Huh

The funny thing is that I normally get quite good review, especially on my sounds, so either the score are wrong or you lot are trying not to hurt my feelings by giving out mis-leading comments Tongue

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
13-04-2009 02:34
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

Common guys.. VOTE...
In the list of LATEST TRACKS there are just 2 tracks that have atleast 3 votes and since I vote for every track this means you're all being lazy lately.

__
26-04-2009 16:00 Homepage of BattleDrone
demure demure is a male
mastication fo de nation

images/avatars/avatar-2837.jpeg

Registration Date: 22-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
Common guys.. VOTE...
In the list of LATEST TRACKS there are just 2 tracks that have atleast 3 votes and since I vote for every track this means you're all being lazy lately.

did 13 the other day Wink
26-04-2009 17:20
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » tune overratings