drumnbass.be forum
Register Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » Favorite distortion setting? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Receive email on new post
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Favorite distortion setting?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Favorite distortion setting? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was wondering. Every time I use the Scream, I end up using the same distortion mode, with similar settings. I'm not telling which one it is yet, I want your feedback first. So, do you have one mode you're hooked too or am I weird?

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

12-04-2008 17:21 Homepage of Surya Search for Posts by Surya Add Surya to your Buddy List
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

tape sat

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

12-04-2008 17:29 Send an Email to Halph-Price Homepage of Halph-Price Search for Posts by Halph-Price Add Halph-Price to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator Go to the top of this page

06-06-2006 06:66 Search for Posts by Google Add Google to your Buddy List Send a Private Message to Google
Binary Havoc Binary Havoc is a male
Binary Havoc

images/avatars/avatar-2473.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

RE: Favorite distortion setting? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tape or tube every time, dont think I've ever used any of the other settings!

Body section always off - dont like the colour it adds to the sound at all

Use the eq cut quite a lot

__
http://soundcloud.com/binaryhavoc/dropbox

12-04-2008 18:23 Send an Email to Binary Havoc Homepage of Binary Havoc Search for Posts by Binary Havoc Add Binary Havoc to your Buddy List
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

tape tube works best for dnb, that's why i like Fruity loops i have multiple vst's for tape adn tube sat each with multiple settings.... but reason's got that few good ones ...

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

12-04-2008 19:25 Send an Email to Halph-Price Homepage of Halph-Price Search for Posts by Halph-Price Add Halph-Price to your Buddy List
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Turn every knob to 11! Rinse

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
13-04-2008 16:39 Send an Email to thechronic Homepage of thechronic Search for Posts by thechronic Add thechronic to your Buddy List
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Lol, so yeah, I'm on tape too Big Grin

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

14-04-2008 07:27 Homepage of Surya Search for Posts by Surya Add Surya to your Buddy List
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

I quite like the fuzz sometimes but you need to turn down the input down quite a bit sometimes otherwise its too much

but yeh tape and tube ftw Big Grin

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

15-04-2008 12:01 Send an Email to D2o Homepage of D2o Search for Posts by D2o Add D2o to your Buddy List
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
Lol, so yeah, I'm on tape too Big Grin

you've said that before. Big Grin

you dist eq and layer on more dist and eq.... for like snares or stuff Big Grin

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 15-04-2008 15:07.

15-04-2008 15:07 Send an Email to Halph-Price Homepage of Halph-Price Search for Posts by Halph-Price Add Halph-Price to your Buddy List
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Makes evol baning snares dood Big Grin

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

16-04-2008 07:41 Homepage of Surya Search for Posts by Surya Add Surya to your Buddy List
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

tape and a lot less tube

wish there was a "soft" knob for melting distortion types Devil

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
16-04-2008 07:45 Send an Email to cynik Homepage of cynik Search for Posts by cynik Add cynik to your Buddy List
Ciaran Ciaran is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-2885.jpg

Registration Date: 25-04-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

TAPE - with a slight boost on thy mid, sometimes. Tape distortion is just so useful

__
CtMc Cool
24-05-2011 01:30 Send an Email to Ciaran Search for Posts by Ciaran Add Ciaran to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator Go to the top of this page

06-06-2006 06:66 Search for Posts by Google Add Google to your Buddy List Send a Private Message to Google
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » Favorite distortion setting?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH