drumnbass.be forum
Register Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Mastering » mastering/EQ » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Receive email on new post
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page mastering/EQ
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
illuminati
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-191.jpg

Registration Date: 21-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

mastering/EQ Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok...i have a problemo...here goes...

i have a good idea on how to write music and sequence...but it seems like the more channels i use the worse the sound quality overall gets...i think this has something to do with just using software and...i`m sorta guessing but i think i need more ram and possibly an external mixer....i`m using reason and it does everything i want except when i try to EQ my finished track i end up with a very low-fi sound...is there anyway to correct this even the slightest bit using just software? it seems like when i adjust one channel another channel ends up getting lower or just doesn`t stand out the way i intend it to...fix one thing another thing goes wrong? does anyone know the problem here?
10-08-2004 09:14 Send an Email to illuminati Search for Posts by illuminati Add illuminati to your Buddy List
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hmm, not entirely sure what u mean, but maybe u could try exporting to a wav file first & then eq'ing? U could also try reducing the number of channels by making & exporting sub-mixes

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
10-08-2004 10:22 Send an Email to djfreemc Homepage of djfreemc Search for Posts by djfreemc Add djfreemc to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator Go to the top of this page

06-06-2006 06:66 Search for Posts by Google Add Google to your Buddy List Send a Private Message to Google
Akura Akura is a male
Kletsenboem-style

images/avatars/avatar-291.gif

Registration Date: 06-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What exactly do you do in Reason to EQ your track?
Do you alter the EQ-buttons (per channel) on the mixers or do you use extra EQ-units in front of your mixers?
10-08-2004 16:49 Send an Email to Akura Search for Posts by Akura Add Akura to your Buddy List
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Try compressing the tune - it will glide less loud parts (sounds) with the more loud into a compressed form, and will not let the sound make distorsion on the speakers.

You can also add compressor on every channel (synth, sample etc.) and get the GAIN knob to a satisfactory level, until everything listens good and is present.
My advices run low...

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
15-08-2004 13:41 Send an Email to Muad'Dib Homepage of Muad'Dib Search for Posts by Muad'Dib Add Muad'Dib to your Buddy List
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

As said a few times before: compressing the whole tune isn't such a good idear, since it might destroy the dynamics of it. Instead compress each channel on its own before mixdown... Knowledge of how compression works is needed to do it right though...

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

15-08-2004 14:02 Homepage of Surya Search for Posts by Surya Add Surya to your Buddy List
T.roll T.roll is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-422.jpg

Registration Date: 23-06-2004

Rate Member

What sound card do you have, and other hardware?

__
Digital eye is watching you.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by T.roll: 15-08-2004 23:25.

15-08-2004 23:24 Send an Email to T.roll Search for Posts by T.roll Add T.roll to your Buddy List
B-complex B-complex is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

Registration Date: 07-04-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.13

well, great article about this issue is on dnbscene.com here's the link http://www.dnbscene.com/articles.php?mode=display&id=79
i
... if you have more channels it really looks like the soundquality is bad becouse there are too many sounds fighting for space in spectrum.. If you're using sounds in same frequency spectrum it's good to put them in stereo..
iFor bass spectrum for example it's most important to equalise each sounds becouse otherwise it's mess.. usually in dnb you have subbass around 40-100hz and basskick somewhere in 60-200hz, it's good to cut basskick in subbass spectre and boost it a little in bass spectre so the subbass has room... but really read the article it's better explained there.

__

17-08-2004 00:45 Send an Email to B-complex Search for Posts by B-complex Add B-complex to your Buddy List
Dave_Akuma Dave_Akuma is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1737.jpg

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.29

yeah, that's a really terrific article---highly recommended ---also search for stuff like that on the grid at doa --- lots of invaluable knowledge that every producer needs to know... Bigup

__

17-08-2004 02:23 Send an Email to Dave_Akuma Search for Posts by Dave_Akuma Add Dave_Akuma to your Buddy List
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
As said a few times before: compressing the whole tune isn't such a good idear, since it might destroy the dynamics of it. Instead compress each channel on its own before mixdown... Knowledge of how compression works is needed to do it right though...

With a good compressor is not necesarily so! Whatever, most people have not a good compressor, so better try compressing every channel Smile

EDIT[] BTW the tutorial rocks! Smile

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
17-08-2004 20:54 Send an Email to Muad'Dib Homepage of Muad'Dib Search for Posts by Muad'Dib Add Muad'Dib to your Buddy List
illuminati
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-191.jpg

Registration Date: 21-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

thank "yinz" all fo` the advice!!!
19-08-2004 22:48 Send an Email to illuminati Search for Posts by illuminati Add illuminati to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator Go to the top of this page

06-06-2006 06:66 Search for Posts by Google Add Google to your Buddy List Send a Private Message to Google
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Mastering » mastering/EQ

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH