drumnbass.be forum
Register Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » connecting Zoom r16 to ableton » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Receive email on new post
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page connecting Zoom r16 to ableton
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
benhemoth

Registration Date: 09-02-2010

Rate Member

connecting Zoom r16 to ableton Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hi,, well first of all, this is my first post here,, and i just want to say that this is a great forum,, found some really nice tunes here,, and the sample packs rock!

but now,, i just bought this Zoom R16 controler/interface/recorder today,, and now i want to connect is to ableton,, or cuebase,, but the thing is.. I have no idea how.
i installed the drivers,
tried to activate them in the prefrences window,
but it just doesn't show-up in ableton

does anyone know how to do this?

thanks in advance

EDIT:

ok i finaly managed to connect everything,, and the faders nd everything work,, its just that when i record something ( lets say I play along with my bass guitar to some random song ) i get this 1 or 2 second lagg between when i pull a string and hear it in the mix...

would that be my pc being to slow or is it something else?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by benhemoth: 07-04-2010 21:31.

07-04-2010 19:40 Send an Email to benhemoth Search for Posts by benhemoth Add benhemoth to your Buddy List
KILLER_FAN KILLER_FAN is a male
sssomebody ssstop me!!!

images/avatars/avatar-3030.jpg

Registration Date: 23-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it's your sound card's latency that does the delay. try using the ASIO4ALL drivers and you should get close to 11ms. although asio requires a lot o' cpu.
12-04-2010 11:26 Send an Email to KILLER_FAN Search for Posts by KILLER_FAN Add KILLER_FAN to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator Go to the top of this page

06-06-2006 06:66 Search for Posts by Google Add Google to your Buddy List Send a Private Message to Google
iamserious

Registration Date: 24-01-2012

Rate Member

RE: connecting Zoom r16 to ableton Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

how did you get the r16 working with ableton in the end? i cant see it anywhere?
24-01-2012 21:12 Send an Email to iamserious Search for Posts by iamserious Add iamserious to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator Go to the top of this page

06-06-2006 06:66 Search for Posts by Google Add Google to your Buddy List Send a Private Message to Google
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » connecting Zoom r16 to ableton

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH