drumnbass.be forum
Register Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » can someone tell me how to make the Renagade - Terrorist reese » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Receive email on new post
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page can someone tell me how to make the Renagade - Terrorist reese
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
S.O.T.A. S.O.T.A. is a male
SHADOW STAR

images/avatars/avatar-1723.gif

Registration Date: 13-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

can someone tell me how to make the Renagade - Terrorist reese Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

never got around to figuring out this classic sounding reese
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFkvmZENCmQ
if anyone knows i use reason
18-01-2011 08:04 Send an Email to S.O.T.A. Search for Posts by S.O.T.A. Add S.O.T.A. to your Buddy List
selig
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-07-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You could just sample this like Ray Keith.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ-uXuyKMLY

Or you could simply sample Ray Keith's terrorist..

Otherwise detune 2 saw waves and filter them.
18-01-2011 13:34 Send an Email to selig Search for Posts by selig Add selig to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator Go to the top of this page

06-06-2006 06:66 Search for Posts by Google Add Google to your Buddy List Send a Private Message to Google
S.O.T.A. S.O.T.A. is a male
SHADOW STAR

images/avatars/avatar-1723.gif

Registration Date: 13-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i know how to make other reeses but they never sound quite like that
19-01-2011 00:57 Send an Email to S.O.T.A. Search for Posts by S.O.T.A. Add S.O.T.A. to your Buddy List
Digital Cause Digital Cause is a male
Player

Registration Date: 06-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK_j72MtTIA

__
www.myspace.com/digitalcause
www.myspace.com/mysterious1000
06-02-2011 18:24 Send an Email to Digital Cause Search for Posts by Digital Cause Add Digital Cause to your Buddy List
Pace and Swift
Producer

Registration Date: 20-01-2011

Rate Member

RE: can someone tell me how to make the Renagade - Terrorist reese Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Have got a NI Massive patch which I spent hours trying to get right. Sounds spot on to me.
06-02-2011 20:21 Send an Email to Pace and Swift Homepage of Pace and Swift Search for Posts by Pace and Swift Add Pace and Swift to your Buddy List
m-ej m-ej is a male
Master Producer

Registration Date: 08-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 

yeah use a preset or make it your self,
the self built method rewards highly,

use a synth with a single sine wave for the low end sub,
then use another synth running two detuned saw waves(basic reece).

eq the sub at 45-60 hrtz,
then bandpass the basic reece at 160 hrtz,
da da dahhhh
terrorist bass for the masses,
trick is getting the movement right but thats another story,
pease n happy basslines. Smile

__
m-ej is taking a few steps back from forum life.
07-02-2011 09:38 Send an Email to m-ej Search for Posts by m-ej Add m-ej to your Buddy List
jeffijoe jeffijoe is a male
xSky

images/avatars/avatar-3448.gif

Registration Date: 15-06-2009

Rate Member

Eeeehm, Unless I am mistaken, it's a sine sub + bandbassed regular 3xOsc reese (2 detuned saw waves).

Mr. Puzzle showed me how to do a bass like that, so all credit goes to him:

As far as I can remember, make a Sub in 3x (or whatever, I use 3x).
Make a new 3x, create your basic reese, assign a free mixer track, add some Blood Overdrive, then add an EQ, and null half the band on the high end, so you are left with low mids. Add some distortion, and add another EQ, where you cut off everything except the low-mids (because you have a sub already). Add a layer, and combine the 2 3x's.

Add some flange and LFO to taste.

P.S: I dont have my DAW with me ATM, so the FX chain might be incorrect, but I think you get the basic idea.

Hope that was of help. Smile

__
--- My Soundcloud ---
Jeffijoe - Distance EP [CrossBase]

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jeffijoe: 09-02-2011 10:57.

09-02-2011 10:56 Send an Email to jeffijoe Homepage of jeffijoe Search for Posts by jeffijoe Add jeffijoe to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator Go to the top of this page

06-06-2006 06:66 Search for Posts by Google Add Google to your Buddy List Send a Private Message to Google
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » can someone tell me how to make the Renagade - Terrorist reese

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH