drumnbass.be forum
Register Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Special filtering » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Receive email on new post
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Special filtering
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
drw89 drw89 is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2923.jpg

Registration Date: 26-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

Special filtering Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi all,

i recently got to know the insane track "Therapist" (The rapist) by Current Value.
He got an awesome piece of drumroll in there that's awesomely filtered, at least i guess..
I've put an attachment here so you can hear for yourself. Does anyone know how to accomplish such a sound?

Attachment:
unknown therapist.mp3 (62 KB, 381 downloads)

__
09-11-2009 18:15 Send an Email to drw89 Search for Posts by drw89 Add drw89 to your Buddy List
AlteriorID

Registration Date: 02-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 1.00

RE: Special filtering Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If I were to do it personally, I would probably play around with running a few hits through a vocoder.
01-12-2009 23:22 Send an Email to AlteriorID Search for Posts by AlteriorID Add AlteriorID to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator Go to the top of this page

06-06-2006 06:66 Search for Posts by Google Add Google to your Buddy List Send a Private Message to Google
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

RE: Special filtering Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

And what exactly should be amazing or difficult about these drums?

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
02-12-2009 00:03 Send an Email to BattleDrone Homepage of BattleDrone Search for Posts by BattleDrone Add BattleDrone to your Buddy List
Zugzwang Zugzwang is a male
Doin' it for the love

images/avatars/avatar-2932.jpg

Registration Date: 13-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.75

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone

Just another amen edit innit. Big Grin

drw89, the sound you are looking for in the Therapist VIP is just the same unfiltered kick roll you hear in other areas of the song but with a lowpass filter over it.
03-12-2009 02:39 Send an Email to Zugzwang Search for Posts by Zugzwang Add Zugzwang to your Buddy List
drw89 drw89 is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2923.jpg

Registration Date: 26-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone

It's not about the drums, or the amen. It's about how he filters the break.

Sounds like distortion + some sort of filter

Btw Battle-D, can you make a tutorial how to do those drums?

__
03-12-2009 13:43 Send an Email to drw89 Search for Posts by drw89 Add drw89 to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator Go to the top of this page

06-06-2006 06:66 Search for Posts by Google Add Google to your Buddy List Send a Private Message to Google
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Special filtering

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH