drumnbass.be forum
Register Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » Oh Yeah This Is Awsome » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Receive email on new post
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Oh Yeah This Is Awsome
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

Shocked Oh Yeah This Is Awsome Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i can now review tunes.

but one thing i find odd, and it's seems to be pointed out directly, but how EQ and COMPRESSION are tried to be in 2 different fields. they are one and the same. even the way it's listed seems to suggest that compression is and effect separate of EQ. compression is a form of EQ. EQ "Equalization is used to manipulate the timbre of musical instruments and sounds."

any instrument that gets compressed the loudest frequencies get pushed down the quieter ones increase. it's just dynamic, it can even be used to target specific frequencies using a de-esser.

but whatever, i guess most people wouldn't think of it that way, but still i wouldn't think of it as an effect like a delay or distortion. side-chain i would think of as more and effect, but .. meh,,,

I CAN HEAR THE MUSIC NOW.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

01-03-2009 02:08 Send an Email to Halph-Price Homepage of Halph-Price Search for Posts by Halph-Price Add Halph-Price to your Buddy List
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I can see what your point is, but I feel it is good to keep them apart for voting. Compression and EQ are still very different skills even though they do influence eachother. Someone can have a good feel for EQ but compress a tune to shit, so imo having them seperate is useful for voting.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
29-03-2009 04:15 Send an Email to thechronic Homepage of thechronic Search for Posts by thechronic Add thechronic to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator Go to the top of this page

06-06-2006 06:66 Search for Posts by Google Add Google to your Buddy List Send a Private Message to Google
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

EQ and compression the same Huh

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

29-03-2009 16:04 Homepage of Surya Search for Posts by Surya Add Surya to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator Go to the top of this page

06-06-2006 06:66 Search for Posts by Google Add Google to your Buddy List Send a Private Message to Google
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » Oh Yeah This Is Awsome

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH