drumnbass.be forum
Register Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Ghost - Through The Woods » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Receive email on new post
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ghost - Through The Woods
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

Ghost - Through The Woods Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Please check out my new track 'Through The Woods' and post your comments here!

Hey all,
Been a while since I uploaded anything upon this fine site so I'll up something I started this afternoon for you all to critique Smile

All from reason, produced, mixed and a quick rubbish master using a few maximisers Tongue

As always any feedback is greatly appreciated, be it good or bad.
If there is something you don't like, don't hold back I'd like to know!
Will get to some reviewing soon to make up for my total lack of doing so recentlyBig Grin

Peace

*EDIT*

Forgot to mention that it goes straight into it Big Grin

*EDIT 2*

Newer version to be found on soundcloud Wink

http://soundcloud.com/ghost-uk

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by D2o: 06-03-2009 14:01.

05-03-2009 23:57 Send an Email to D2o Homepage of D2o Search for Posts by D2o Add D2o to your Buddy List
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Technically perfect.
Still quite repetitive and empty. Needs some FX, glitches, one-hit drums, vocals, one hit pads, little edits,... to keep it interesting.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
06-03-2009 00:05 Send an Email to BattleDrone Homepage of BattleDrone Search for Posts by BattleDrone Add BattleDrone to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator Go to the top of this page

06-06-2006 06:66 Search for Posts by Google Add Google to your Buddy List Send a Private Message to Google
demure demure is a male
mastication fo de nation

images/avatars/avatar-2837.jpeg

Registration Date: 22-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

easy man i love this tune mate herd it earlier and sounding top class mate nice drums especially so punchy and sharp very very nice track
06-03-2009 04:48 Send an Email to demure Search for Posts by demure Add demure to your Buddy List
frantic69

Registration Date: 05-03-2009

Rate Member

Really liked the track, the rolling synths sound good with the breaks.
I would just say a little bit of FX or an extra sound added in once in a while would add to the excitement....Otherwise - audio quality high ....like i said I really liked it!!
06-03-2009 06:50 Send an Email to frantic69 Search for Posts by frantic69 Add frantic69 to your Buddy List
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

Helpfulness rating: 

Cheers guys.

Trying a bit of a differnet vibe to my latest tunes, seems to have worked alright Big Grin

Now in the process of adding little fx here and there to fill things out a touch.

__

06-03-2009 11:00 Send an Email to D2o Homepage of D2o Search for Posts by D2o Add D2o to your Buddy List
CULTURE BOY CULTURE BOY is a male
v v v iv a record missing

images/avatars/avatar-2361.jpg

Registration Date: 12-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

like this one jimmy lad, nice deep shizzle agwaan here, beats are nice n punchy as per n the bass is deep,fatn does the job!

__
www.myspace.com/cultureboydnb
soundcloud

06-03-2009 14:14 Send an Email to CULTURE BOY Homepage of CULTURE BOY Search for Posts by CULTURE BOY Add CULTURE BOY to your Buddy List
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

mate top stuff as always and quite different from some of ur other techy stuff, definately feelin this, the lil bongos in the beat definately doin it for me Big Grin

technically - well what can i say? sick haha

nothin else to say, keep showing us how its done mate! Drummer

edit: i think u got the synth stabs spot on in this one, not too much not too little, just right Wink

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ketz: 06-03-2009 16:49.

06-03-2009 16:48 Send an Email to Ketz Homepage of Ketz Search for Posts by Ketz Add Ketz to your Buddy List
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

Yep, just as I expected. Another fucking wicked tune from you Jimmy. Those bass sounds towards the end are seriously sweet. Everything is crisp, so I have no issues with the sound quality. However, a few little tweaks could help. For instance - and this tends to be a common gripe I have with your tunes - the beats sound ever-so-slightly too centred to me. Personally, I feel a bit more width would help give them more 'presence'. Also, I think the snare just edges on sounding a little thin. I'd add some more lows to it. Melodies are very nice the whole way through. It probably still needs something extra in there because it sounds a little sparse atm. But it's still early days with this, so I'll let you off.

Wicked stuff. Drummer

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
06-03-2009 19:54 Send an Email to Tomos Homepage of Tomos Search for Posts by Tomos Add Tomos to your Buddy List
Sephiroth Sephiroth is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3285.jpg

Registration Date: 11-04-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

drums sound great, nice and punchy, cut through mix well, think the sub could have a bit more low-mid range to it, to make it sit better with the kick.....at 1:06, the 1 beat bit of silence is a tasty little touch, bought a smile to my face Smile some nice musical elements too....think the drums could be a bit more energetic to get em rolling a bit more.....nice fx throughout aswell.......arrangement overall is sweet as, everything flows really well from one section to the next, always gives things a pro feel when all the changes are smooth....defo got potential this one....breakdown around 2:40 is great, builds back up nicely, great use of automation to keep you listening....2nd drop is more like it!, getting some dirt in there now....i think when the 2nd drop hits beef up the drums, a high-passed break layer or someting to get the percussion moving more and maybe some panning too on percussive elements, drums sound very centered and not very wide...thought id just add that the main drum loop is nice too, the off-beat snare at the end of the first bar gives the drums a different feel, suistains attention, always a good thing. great stuff overall man! to be fair the mix is pretty good, everythings pretty clear but it could use some more bite which im guessing you'll achieve once it starts takng shape as a final track. good stuff squire!

__
Sephiroth Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/sephiroth_rees

Sephiroth Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sephirothdnb

C-Sonix Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/c-sonix

C-Sonix Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/csonix
06-03-2009 19:57 Send an Email to Sephiroth Homepage of Sephiroth Search for Posts by Sephiroth Add Sephiroth to your Buddy List
Puzzle Puzzle is a male
..zebra?

images/avatars/avatar-2746.gif

Registration Date: 27-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

I'm listening to it from Soundcloud now, hella nice stuff. Does get a bit repetative after a while though.

..The name fits well. Big Grin

__
SoundCloud
Facebook
YouTube
06-03-2009 20:46 Send an Email to Puzzle Homepage of Puzzle Search for Posts by Puzzle Add Puzzle to your Buddy List
walcor walcor is a male
by walcor

images/avatars/avatar-3503.jpg

Registration Date: 14-02-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

hi

been a while...well production wise cant say anything much new...sounds great and well eq-d

nice and atmospheric...tho the ending was a bit too fast imo...maybe

Cheers

__
walcor on last.fm
walcor on SoundCloud
08-03-2009 11:32 Send an Email to walcor Homepage of walcor Search for Posts by walcor Add walcor to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator Go to the top of this page

06-06-2006 06:66 Search for Posts by Google Add Google to your Buddy List Send a Private Message to Google
c_ctrl c_ctrl is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-06-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

Wickedly crisp! I love the sparseness of it, or room to breathe as I generally like to call it :p The beats are nice but I reckon parts of them could be heavier in terms of the hits. Not so sure of the breakdown, I think the synth is a little misleading but it drops back into goodness. I reckon it could benefit from some glitch edits, a few stutters here and there just to give it an edge. Great tune tho.

__
DeCode & Roary Soundcloud
08-03-2009 12:54 Send an Email to c_ctrl Homepage of c_ctrl Search for Posts by c_ctrl Add c_ctrl to your Buddy List
Nick ZZ Nick ZZ is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2152.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

The intro is good. Drumz are nice and punchy, the drop is alright. Like the deep reverbed FX sounds. The bass could use some more editing and FX, maybe chop and edit with distortion and filtering to keep it interesting. Cheers brutha. Z

__
Nick & Erina Z
http://www.beatbiz.net/artist.php?USERID=493

09-03-2009 02:43 Send an Email to Nick ZZ Homepage of Nick ZZ Search for Posts by Nick ZZ Add Nick ZZ to your Buddy List
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

Helpfulness rating: 

Cheers for all the positive feedback Big Grin

Currently filing things out with some more atmospherics, adding some more edits and a few different bass noises here and there.

Going to add some more panned out percussion/hats/ rides to get some extra width going on.

Again thanks for the feedback.
I will update soon....ish

Tongue

__

10-03-2009 16:23 Send an Email to D2o Homepage of D2o Search for Posts by D2o Add D2o to your Buddy List
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

nice tracks man , good low end and punch

i would just push them more louder with the Ozone Isotope or any other mastering plugin , cause the sound is clear and can be compressed

maybe just some more high end in the overall

Drummer
10-03-2009 16:57 Send an Email to Greyone Search for Posts by Greyone Add Greyone to your Buddy List
Evasive Action Evasive Action is a male
joeuk

images/avatars/avatar-2839.jpg

Registration Date: 25-11-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

RE: Ghost - Through The Woods Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Fat sound, like it a lot mate. I especially liked Revolt '09, that bass is badboy. Ur drums are really punchy and crisp sounding too, impressive stuff. I'm new to producing so cant give any technical advice really, but i'm lovin your style. Would appreciate any feedback you could give me on the track i just posted, Tunnel Vision. anyway mate, nice one! Devil
10-03-2009 18:57 Send an Email to Evasive Action Search for Posts by Evasive Action Add Evasive Action to your Buddy List
ZePain ZePain is a male
B-Yayo

images/avatars/avatar-20.jpg

Registration Date: 19-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

Nice going ! Drums are good and the bass comes in fine, though i must say it sounds a bit repetitive after a while but it didnt strike me that much the first time i heard it.

Big up

__
-Shape The Future-

myspace.com/universoulwithaneye
12-03-2009 18:13 Send an Email to ZePain Search for Posts by ZePain Add ZePain to your Buddy List
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

RE: Ghost - Through The Woods Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

your drums sound different this time Shocked

real goodness right off, vibey stuff with soothing fxes

drops: great stuff, goes to show fx can be done as to not intrude with the goings on after the drop but in fact enhance it. love the bass works, though its a little shy but it might be its late and I just been listening to a spor mix

goodness comes with tthe second drop and its the best part of the tune, cuts off pretty sudden though you cheeky cunt Big Grin

the best tune from you no doubt, almost no complaints

keep up the good works and gimme the full version Tongue

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
12-03-2009 22:33 Send an Email to cynik Homepage of cynik Search for Posts by cynik Add cynik to your Buddy List
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

Helpfulness rating: 

Cheers again peeps!

@Greyone.
i could go a little louder but I really don't want to. used a mix of ozone and LL-3 multimax to limit it.

Was thinking i need some more highend so i shall be one the case!

@cynik

im not sure its my best tune but glad you like it!

it cuts off quick as that is as far as I've got with it Big Grin

Still in the works Cool

__

15-03-2009 16:47 Send an Email to D2o Homepage of D2o Search for Posts by D2o Add D2o to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Ghost - Through The Woods

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH